The 2019 Nebraska State Soccer Association and Nebraska Soccer Coaches Clinic is open to all coaches over 18 years of age. The two-day Clinic will cater to coaches of all levels and programs: Youth and Senior, Club, High School and College.
The Clinic will run over two days from the evening of Friday, February 22, from 6:00pm to 9:30pm, through Saturday, February 23, from 8:00am to 5:00pm. The instructional sessions will be held at the Hawks Championship Center indoor practice facility on the University of Nebraska’s campus in Lincoln.
Clinicians will include the following nationally and internationally recognized coaches:
- Mark Krikorian, Head Women’s Coach of current NCAA National Champion Florida State
- Bob Warming, Head Men’s Coach at University of Nebraska, Omaha
- Ian Barker, United Soccer Coaches Director of Coaching Education
- Matt Briggs, Nebraska State Soccer Association Director of Coaching
- John Walker, Nebraska Soccer Head Coach
- Marty Everding, Nebraska Soccer Assistant Coach
- Ian Bridge, Nebraska Soccer Assistant Coach
Special Presenter: 4 Time National Champion Nebraska Volleyball Coach John Cook will present his session “Dream Like a Champion”.
FRIDAY, February 22
5:30 PM Check-in
6:00 PM Matt Briggs: Countering the Counter Attack
7:10 PM Bob Warming: How to Make the Most of First 45 Minutes of Practice
8:20 PM Ian Barker: Fast Break Attacking Activities
9:20 PM Closing
SATURDAY, February 23
7:30 AM Check-in/coffee/bagels
8:00 AM John Walker: Team Defending: Specific Phases of Play
9:10 AM Mark Krikorian: Team Attacking Principles at Florida State
10:20 AM Ian Barker: Bringing Training to Life With Rondos
11:30 AM Mark Krikorian: Specific Attacking Activities to Develop a
Possession Style of Play
12:30 PM Lunch
1:30 PM John Cook: “Dream Like a Champion”
2:40 PM Marty Everding: Three Keys to Goalkeeper Effectiveness
3:50 PM Ian Bridge: Defending Flank and Penalty Area Attacks, Individual
and Group Function
4:50 PM Closing
There is limited space available, so register on-line early to avoid disappointment.
Attendees will receive:
Coffee/bagels - Saturday morning
Lunch - Saturday
- Early Bird Registration – Register online by January 25 for $80.
- Clubs/Teams/Schools with 6+ coaches attending will receive registrations for $80 each. Contact Cathy at email@example.com or 402-819-8749 PRIOR to registering to receive a discount code to use to register your group.
- Housing is NOT included in the registration.
Refunds will be made only if a written request is made. Requests made by February 15 will receive a full refund. After February 15, any written refund requests will be made minus a $20 administrative fee. Send requests to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Parking is available for attendees in meters around Hawks Championship Center and Memorial Stadium.
Parking is also available in the Stadium Parking Garage (Stadium Drive & T St).
Requires a credit card payment when leaving.
No attendant or cash option.
Must leave garage by 10:30pm.
No charge if you enter before 11:00am
If enter between 11am - 3pm, the charge is $5 Cash.
Event parking for Men's Basketball game.
If you do not have a valid University parking permit, do not park in UNL lots.
The Clinic will not be responsible for parking tickets.